Mark v25 channel 2 problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZorroBoy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've started having some trouble with my Mark V25 recently and wanted to see if anyone had any advice. I only notice it on channel 2. Switching out the power tubes hasn't fixed it. When playing, the overall volume as well as what I perceive as the treble will increase for a few seconds then decrease back to the original levels all on it's own. Any ideas what I might be looking at? Could a preamp tube cause this?

Thanks for any help

Welcome to the forum.

Yes a preamp tube could cause that. You should swap in a known good tube through each position one at a time to see if you find the problem one. All your preamp tubes are shared by both channels per the tube task chart in your manual so check them all.

I wouldn’t just ‘shotgun’ it and just change them all as it just a theory until you find the bad one. It could be something else but checking for a bad tube is where you should always start.

Dom

Welcome to the forum.

Yes a preamp tube could cause that. You should swap in a known good tube through each position one at a time to see if you find the problem one. All your preamp tubes are shared by both channels per the tube task chart in your manual so check them all.

I wouldn’t just ‘shotgun’ it and just change them all as it just a theory until you find the bad one. It could be something else but checking for a bad tube is where you should always start.

Dom
Thanks for your advice. I'll work on doing that. Fingers crossed

Back