LSS Compare to Electradyne

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomahawk90

Reaction score
I spent some time over the weekend with the LSS and the Electradyne at GC compairing the two. I will be short and sweet..

LSS positives: Killer smooth responsive cleans nice overdrive and you can crank out some nice lead tones when the drive is cranked. The other positive is the wattage structure allowing you to play at lower volumes for different settings. i need that for some things that i do studio, home practice, on stage in more of a christian rock setting with occasional 80's rock VH, AC/DC. Over all cleans 10 overdrive 7ish.

Negatives: I was getting some break up on the clean channel at least it seemed that way on all wattage levels the volume had to be at 9' oclock before any sound come out. Master at noon, seemed to be some break up let me know some thoughts on this. I dont like the idea of taking an amp changing tubes and speakers to get the right sound it kinda defeats the point of the amp however if someone said just put in a G12 heritage and your problems are solved i would probably do that if thats the direction i go.

Electradyne positives: great cleans but not lonestar warm. More punchy and stronger pick attack. Nice 3 channel switching between hi/lo/clean. the gain on this amp is really nice and thick all british. dont get me wrong the cleans are really nice and you can dial in some nice tones. This amp really shines in the gain side with some volume. The reverb is really nice as well

Negatives: This amp is frigging loud! not only that but this thing is a bus to carry around. i also had a hard time getting the volumes to match the channel switching but i think i can figure that out with some time. this is after some initial fiddeling.

The choice is tough i need some input before i spend the dollars. If i get the LSS what will i regret about not getting the eletrydyne and vice versa. For you all with experience help me out.

Thanks

i was torn between these two *very different* amps as well.

ended up with the ED. i love it. i still pine for the LSS on occasion. although i will say that i stopped by GC yesterday and spent some time with the LSS... and was a lot less impressed than i had been before i got the dyne.

for me - a 'in-the-basement-after-the-kids-are-tucked-in' player - the biggest problem with the ED is the volume. it can sound great at low volumes, but you have to be very careful with that master.

but here's the thing about the electra dyne... anytime i've been at work all day thinking about whether or not i bought the wrong amp, or hear something on the radio and say '**** - i want to sound like that', or start thinking that i need some sort of different overdrives or other pedals to get the sound i want...
i go into the basement and plug in, and after 10 minutes... all questions are gone and life is good.
i even told my wife - next time i'm convinced i need a new pedal - send me downstairs to play for awhile. because everytime, whatever my mood, and whatever sound i was looking for when i plugged in - i start playing... maybe adjust a knob. maybe two. and then somehow i just forget about it and play.

and it sounds simply awesome.

Latest posts

Back