LSC - Need To Pull Two Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratolespaul

Reaction score
Hey all,

I blew at least one of a set of two my 6L6s I was using in another amp. I need a quick fix and want to run it on two tubes. My question - Which ones should I run it on? 1 & 3 as I've heard for some Fender-style circuits (if so, is that left to right as you're looking at the rear?), the inner two, or the just run the outer two?

Curious, would this then give me a 50w/25w LS?

Thanks all,
Paul
Austin

Hey all,

I blew at least one of a set of two my 6L6s I was using in another amp. I need a quick fix and want to run it on two tubes. My question - Which ones should I run it on? 1 & 3 as I've heard for some Fender-style circuits (if so, is that left to right as you're looking at the rear?), the inner two, or the just run the outer two?

Curious, would this then give me a 50w/25w LS?

Thanks all,
Paul
Austin
1710409377880.png

From manual 😁 V6 and V9 are used in 100w and 50w modes. But you cannot use 10w mode.

Just google about impedances etc. what to do with speaker output. I cannot remember how it was..

View attachment 3494

From manual 😁 V6 and V9 are used in 100w and 50w modes. But you cannot use 10w mode.

Just google about impedances etc. what to do with speaker output. I cannot remember how it was.
Much appreciated. I didn't think that would be covered in the manual, so never even bothered to look. That'll teach me! Looks like I'll be running the outer two slots. And because I always ran 50w mode, I guess there will be no change. In fact, I never knew if it cut voltage to all 4 tubes to run at 50%, or if it does what it does and cuts two tubes out. So it sounds like the I should have the same end result as I had before.

My amp is the older 100/50w

Last edited:
Much appreciated. I didn't think that would be covered in the manual, so never even bothered to look. That'll teach me! Looks like I'll be running the outer two slots. And because I always ran 50w mode, I guess there will be no change. In fact, I never knew if it cut voltage to all 4 tubes to run at 50%, or if it does what it does and cuts two tubes out. So it sounds like the I should have the same end result as I had before.

My amp is the older 100/50w

Not sure if the speaker impedance should be changed but the manual said something about that the OT should be able to handle one step mismatch (4 to 8 etc…)

Easier with less options 😁

Not sure if the speaker impedance should be changed but the manual said something about that the OT should be able to handle one step mismatch (4 to 8 etc…)

Easier with less options 😁
I think I'm good. Mine is the wide-body with 1x12. I use the internal 1x12, along with a 2x12, so I'm already down to 4ohms. Don't think I can go to 2 ohms! 🤠

Thanks again,
Paul

Back