Let's see your pedal boards!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverwulf

Reaction score
Finally taking a few to look over some posts and decided to start a new thread since it's been a while. We talk a lot about the Rectos themselves, so let's see what everyone is using with them. How about some shots and a breakdown of the pedal board and/or rack you're using with your Recto these days? I was using a smaller board for quite a while because I was pretty meat and potatoes with the band, but I've recently went back to a little larger of a board to cover a few more tones live. Here's the latest incarnation of my board:

finishedpedalboard.jpg

My problem with my larger board and previous rack setups was that I'm what doctors like to call a..."lazy *******"...sometimes when it comes to hooking up all my stuff for shows. There's times when I want to use the full board for larger shows, and there's times when we play small clubs that I just don't want to go through the drama of connecting it all. I also like to have a visual of where my effect levels are set and like being able to tweak on the fly, so my old rack always pissed me off because I'd be digging through parameters to do it. So, the board above was my compromise, haha. Here's the signal chain...

To the far right, you'll see a cable looping around to plug into the wah. That's my X2 Wireless I have mounted under the board for when I want to use it. Otherwise I'll keep it under and plug a cable straight in. That signal goes:

X2 Wireless -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah -> BOSS TU2 Tuner -> BOSS PH2 Super Phaser -> Loopmaster Switcher (Far Left)

The Loopmaster is a footswitch that also has 2 loops in it. One loop is active on each channel. So, my loop on the clean channel is:

BOSS SD1 Super Overdrive -> BOSS CH1 Super Chorus

My loop on the dirty channel is:

Maxon OD808 -> BOSS NS2 Noise Supressor

I have to say the Loopmaster is an invaluable tool if you're like me and like the 2 Channel Rectos. It's great for setting up pedals on your cleans and dirty channel without having to tap dance. So, it let me go from clean or slighty dirty with or without chorus to my heavy channel with the Maxon and NS2 active with a single button push. That's how I use the SD1, for a little grit for a slightly dirty tone sometimes.

The other pedals are there for my leads. My FX Loop runs into the Keeley True Bypass Looper you see beside the wah. In the loop of the Keeley is:

BOSS GE7 EQ -> BOSS DD3 Delay

The GE7 is set for a mid boost and about a 4-6 db volume boost and the delay is set for...well, a little delay, haha. That's what I use for my lead tone. So, basically I step on the Keeley switcher and I get a mid boost, volume boost, and delay added for leads. My wah and phaser are my "floaters" I've left out of loops because I sometimes use them on either channel.

So, this board works perfect for me because I can go from clean or slighty dirty with or without chorus to my heavy channel boosted with a single button, add a few effects on the fly if the mood strikes, then kick on a solo/mid boost with delay with a single button push too. It really sort of turns my 2 channel amp into a nearly 4 channel amp (clean/dirty/heavy/lead). If I'm lazy for a show, I don't have to fool with the wireless, I don't have to hook up the FX Loop, and I can by pass half of that stuff and still have most of my pedals active. It's the perfect board for this lazy ******* that has more bells and whistles when I want it, haha.

So, let's see your boards! :)

I would love to post mine...if this board would allow attachment/photos to be uploaded. It won't allow links from facebook, yahoo, et al.

Nevermind....figured it out.

But it works just fine with photo sharing sites like Flickr, Photobucket, and Picasa. Everybody else gets theirs on here somehow. :)

281966_178038885599079_100001789070658_430021_5018518_n.jpg

282472_178038935599074_100001789070658_430023_5122248_n.jpg

Found a way to make it work. :lol:

I've rearranged the rack a bit since this picture. In the back of the 4 space rack (plenty of room with a deep well rack) I have my RJM Amp Gizmo for the channel changes on the head (thanks for the advice a while back Dom) and an M5 for extra effects, boost, & wahs.

The floorboard is Un0 and I'm able to set my M5 with my G Major so the patches correspond, thus selecting the M5 and/or G Major effects on/off(shimmer, different wahs, TS-9, etc. with the M5) via midi as well as use the expression pedal for whatever parameter I choose. If the M series (M5, M9, M13) were ever to be put into a rack format with a similar display and ease of use as my TC Electronic, it would probably replace the G Major. As it stands now, I have the best of both worlds!! I use the G Major mostly for any modulations needed, reverb, & delay, and I use the M5 for the shimmer effect in clean, different wahs, and TS-9 boost (from the M5) in the dirty.

I run my G90 wireless, M5, and Hush Super C in front, and the G Major & BBE in the loop. My midi cable goes from the controller to the RJM Amp Gizmo, to the G Major, then to the M5.

I love my Roadster head and prefer channel 3, modern, bold, diode, for my metal sound! My cabs are V30 loaded, though I am thinking on going with a recto cab. Just not sure if it would be worth the extra $$$ for a new over-sized cab loaded with the same speakers. I know the Mesa cabs give a deeper bass response, but with my BBE, I can boost the lows if needed (never had any problems live yet). I do get quite a few compliments on my sound and rig, and am very happy I've strayed away from Marshall and Peavey to go with this current set up. Almost went with a Deizel or an ENGL...glad I went with Mesa!!

IMG_4153.jpg

Built it myself, Pretty basic design. the only thing you don't see there is that I'm still to put a MXR smart gate behind the wah. At some point i'm sure I'll pull the channel switcher off for more pedals, but I'm fairly simple with effects and I love just putting the top on and latching and going.

The Super drive isn't in the FX loop, it sits between the guitar and amp but it was nice to daisy chain it.

3da525cd.jpg

The upper left pedal is a 4ms Tremulus Lune. The Comp pedal is the BYOC 5knob Comp. Next to that (red pedal) is a Catalinbread DLS clone I built. Next to that (silver w/ Pi symbol) BYOC v1 Large Beaver (muff clone) w/ some mods I did. The red pedal next to that is a. The empty spot in the center is for my 74 SF Twin Reverb footswitch. The four buttons built into the board are for my Tremoverb's FX loop, Channel switch, 'Verb, and Tremolo. I used a CAT-6 cable to make the connections from the board to the amp. There's 4 paIrs of wires in there so it works out nicely.

Here's mine. Haven't done anything since the last time I posted it. Looking to do some changes in the near future. I would say I'm about 90% happy with it. The one thing I would like to work on ( or change) is the delay pedal. I'm just really not content with the delay I'm getting from the carbon copy. Looking to try something else. Any suggestions? Thanks!

pedalboardcopy.jpg

Shadow.Se7en said:
I'm just really not content with the delay I'm getting from the carbon copy. Looking to try something else. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check out the TC Electronic Flashback. It literally does everything a Boss DD-7 and MXR Carbon Copy can do combined and its the size of an MXR pedal. VERY good pedal.

I'm just really not content with the delay I'm getting from the carbon copy. Looking to try something else. Any suggestions?

I use the electroman from SolidGold FX. you can see what it looks like on my board post above. It's a bit pricey but i really dig it. you can check youtube for proguitarshops review which is a really nice review

pedal_board.jpg

VOX - Big Bad Wah
MXR Vintage Reissue - Analogman TB & LED mod
Voodoo Lab - Micro Vibe
E-H - Micro POG
MXR EVH - Flanger
Keeley TS9DX Flexi 4x2 TubeScreamer
Analogman - Bi-Chorus
Paul Cochrane - Timmy v2
Fulltone - OCD v4
MXR - Carbon Copy
Hardwire - Digital Delay
Lovepedal - Babyface Tremolo
Boss GE-7 EQ w/Monte Alum mod
Keely 4-knob Compressor
MXR - Smartgate

fluff191 said:
Shadow.Se7en said:
I'm just really not content with the delay I'm getting from the carbon copy. Looking to try something else. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check out the TC Electronic Flashback. It literally does everything a Boss DD-7 and MXR Carbon Copy can do combined and its the size of an MXR pedal. VERY good pedal.

I think any digital delay like a BOSS DD-3 or DD-7 would be more what your looking for. I have both digital and analog delays on my pedal board. I find Analog delay works best when its set to more of a reverby vibe. I use mine for country and light rock.

Thanks Guys!

I like the idea of the Flashback being MXR size, but I'm going to look into all the suggestions. I really like the delays I get from my HD147, so I'd like to accomplish something similiar on my pedalboard. I was also considering the VOX delay pedal (time machine I think).

I think digital will be the way to go for me....

fluff191 said:
Shadow.Se7en said:

I have the TC Flashback and so far Im VERY impressed. Very versatile. The strum (instead of tap) tempo is really cool.

TimeSignature said:
fluff191 said:
Shadow.Se7en said:

I have the TC Flashback and so far Im VERY impressed. Very versatile. The strum (instead of tap) tempo is really cool.

+1 Love the TCE Flashback. My only complaint is that I wish the knobs were stiffer, with more positive clicking detents. It's fairly easy for the knobs to get moved thru handling/moving my pedalboard.

Back