HELP NEEDED! My mark III just burned!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenchaos

Reaction score
Hi guys.
So we were playing with my band and suddenly our drummer stopped playing and shouted that your amp is smoking up.
So i opened the thing and checked what did burn in there.

I have Mark III green stripe fully loaded, simulclass etc.
I opened the amp and find that other resistor at the outer power tube socket has burned to black. You can only see the red and gold or silver stripe on it.
On the other side of powertubes there were red-blue-red-gold/silver so it's 2,6Kohm resistor.Probably 5w?
The question is where the heck can i found one of these?
I have only finded 2,2k or 2,7k's.
Are the 2,7k's OK in there?

Oh and other question considering the fuse. I founded that fuse was burned too but it had 3A 250v fuse in there and the back plate says that it should be 3A 100w fuse in there. Im so mad to the guy who sold me this cuz he had stuffed that fuse in there and if it has something bigger...
Hopefully this thing didn't burn my trannies out etc...

And thanx allready, im in deep **** cuz i dont have any backup amps ATM so need to fix this asap.

where are you located? did you try electronics store for parts? call boogie to see if they can tell you the resistor values? maybe radio shack will have the parts.. or a television repair/electronics shop.

scott

When a power amp tube fails it can take those screen resistors out. Make sure you test those tubes and replace if necessary when replacing those resistors.

Hi.
Im located in finland.
Yep, i know that it can take resistor with it, i'm just not sure that what value it should be.
Like i said, it was by the color code 2,6 Kohm resistor but i haven't seen that valued resistor in no where.
What i want to know is it ok to put there 2,7 Kohm or 2,2 Kohm resistor?
I have new sets of winged C's here waiting but im not going to put those in there before i can get resistor things settled up :cry:

I had this happen too.Call Mesa find a authorized service center.
They will get the correct part for you.
Use only Mesa tubes to prevent this in the future.
Hope this helps and you get your amp fixed soon.

PS find the right value fuse

It sounds like you burned out the screen grid resistor(s). Same thing happened to me. The stock value is 470 inner and 2.7 outer, both 1k I think. I upgraded mine to 5W though. Definitely get the correct fuse though.

Hope someone else chimes in there though. Best to call Mesa +1

Thanx guys.
I have some photos now, i just took'd some extra photos since i opened the whole beast :lol:
This is burned one

this is other sides working one

Back