Grid Slammer for Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GianBulls23

Reaction score
Good day all,

I would enhance personality of the RHY2 (yes I know it's an old story), in terms of getting a bigger, fatter tone for rhythm parts.
My choice is among the 3 Mesa's pedals (Tone burst, Grid slammer, Flux drive) in order to keep safe the Mark tone.
Already seen several demo-videos and reviews but none found in front of a Mark IV.
Anyway the Grid Slammer seems to be the most appropriate..

Please, can anyone suggest?

Thanks in advance :)

unfortunatly, i have never own any of the pedal you mentioned. But i did find an awesome tone in R2 by pushing it slightly with a BB Preamp from Exotic. The tone i get out of my R2 is fully usable, and pleasant to my ear.

Sorry i can't help you more than that..

I have the four mesa pedals, and can do a test run with my mark IV, let me know what you would like me to test, and I'll put up a recording.

I don't need clips..... What do you think would be the best pedal(s) to use if you have the gain max and fat pulled on RHY2 ?

I like the crunch I get now..... But would be interested in checking out more.

Any thoughts on these pedals and any sound on RHY2 would be interesting... :)

I did a test run with them and I must say the Grid Slammer is my favorite. It doesn't add colour to the tone, and gives enough gain to the amount of channel 3.
The Throttle box is nice as well in low-gain mode but it adds colour and compression.
The Tone burst and Flux drive was not so tasty in rhythm 2.

Hi all,

@nault.jama: does BB add any color, anything about middle frequencies?

@tony777: So I guess Grid Slammer could enhance RHY2 as well
Someone says it's just a TS9 with transparent basses...

My choice is among Mesa's and some Italian boutique (even more expensive than Mesa's) pedals.

Thx guys

Back