• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 2005 LP SG Std Historic Reissue - SOLD ~~~

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
wholefront.jpg

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Gibson Custom Shop SG Standard '62 Historic Reissue Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body and Neck, Dual Humbuckers - Faded Cherry Finish

$4,468.00 Retail

The pictures are of the actual guitar in this auction, manufactured in 2005, S# is 055xxx. These normally sell in stores for around $2300 - $2500.00 and on ebay for around $2200.00.

The guitar is in mint condition and comes with the original custom shop case, certificate of authenticity, care kit, & case candy.

Here is the General Description from Gibson's website:

The Gibson SG Standard Reissue - For the Angus in all of us. Featuring an ultra thin two horned body, the Gibson SG Series addressed two of what Ted McCarty saw as the major issues of the now-retired Les Paul body style: weight, and limited access to the upper treble register. The new body shape of the Gibson SG Standard was dramatically lighter than the old Les Paul, and offered access to the entire fretboard.

Gibson SG Standard Features:
•Color: Faded Cherry
•Body Type: Solidbody
•Neck Wood: 1-piece mahogany with long neck tenon, holly headstock veneer •Neck Shape: 1960 slim taper profile
•Body Wood: Solid mahogany
•Machine Heads: Vintage tulip tuners
•Fingerboard: Ebony •No. of Frets: 22 •Scale Length: 24-3/4"
•Position Markers: Acrylic trapezoid inlays
•Pickups: '57 Classic humbucking pickups
•Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone
•Pickup Switching: 3-way selector switch
•Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece •Hardware: Nickel
•Case: Custom Shop case, (certificate of authenticity, custom care kit)

Methods of payment: Paypal e-check
USPS Money Order
Cashiers Check
Cash

I have references and have a 99.7% positive rating on eBay.

Email me for more information or pictures. Thanks for looking!

Final Bump. Now on eBay and getting lots of interest and questions. Get it now before the auction ends. You will not be disappointed !
Here are some more pics:

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/mailman39/SGLP%20Historic%20Reissus/

Thanks, TJ

Final bump.
ebay ends tonight if no sale there then it goes to my local shop for a trade in... The auction is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170161422463&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

thanks
wholefront.jpg

wholeback.jpg

front.jpg

So just what exactly are you trying to sell? You've got pieces of descriptions for three separate guitars in your ad.

Is it a '61 Reissue?
Is it an SG Standard?
Is it a Historic SG Standard?

Come on. If you're trying to hock this thing then at least give us some real info. Unless you're just trying to be a crook.

The guitar is a Gibson Les Paul SG Standard Historic '62 Reissue. It was manufactured in the Gibson Custom Shop Guitar facility. It is quite different from a normal '61 SG, SG Standard, SG Special, SG Classic, etc.. The finish is called faded heritage cherry, but it does not look faded at all (look at the pictures - they are of the actual guitar. The '62 sells for a LOT more money than a 61.

I am not trying to hock it. I have it up for sale so it can be played. There is probably less than 20 hours playing time on it as I just have lost interest in guitars right now. If you look back in the "Classifieds" you will see I have sold 5 other guitars in the last month. I am not a crook as I can supply all good references and I also have a 99.7% positive ebay rating.

Please don't make false accusations if you don't know what you are talking about.

Thanks,
TJ

I'm not going to argue semantics about "hock" but I am still going to say that your description is lacking in clarity, and by the looks of the eBay auction you don't know exactly what you have. I also don't see a '62 SG Standard Historic in the 2007 Orion Blue Book for Guitars, or on Gibson's website. I was hoping you would enlighten me.

The last line was an afterthought and was rude. I apologize.

Latest posts

Back