First-time Boogie owner, wanted to share a song thru JP-2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotonfire

Reaction score
Couldn't be happier to join the Boogie Family (and Holy Grail forum)! What an awesome amp! This is my first tube amp, so I have a lot to learn about dialing it in, but it's quite easy to get some fun and awesome sounds. I've got it set up with the 4-cable method with an Axe-FX Ultra through a veritcal 2X12 Recto cab all controlled with an MFC-101 Mark III. The MIDI switching is what sold me on getting the JP-2C... and of course trying it out at Mesa Hollywood.

As soon as I got it, I immediately started putting it through its paces in my little home studio... this is what I came up with. 99% EBMM JP7 through the JP-2C and 2x12 miked with an SM57 Unidyne III; one little 15-second bit is a Strat through the Mark IV sim on my Axe-FX. I'd love to hear what you think and of course any critiques on tone/playing/mixing/mastering.

https://soundcloud.com/perfect-second/the-kanga-ruse

That was a pleasant surprise. I don't think I can express just how much I liked that, but it was really good. I forgot about amps and tone and gear or anything else and just thoroughly enjoyed that song. Thanks for sharing

Thanks a ton, I really appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed it!

I can't stop playing this amp...

That was really cool. Blossomed quite well. I sort of heard a hint of some Zappa (effects) and RUSH mixed in there.

What were your amp settings? How well dose the JP work with the midi function? That is one thing I have not tried yet (lacking the gear).

Thanks all!!

For most of the rhythm, I used neck+bridge pickup for a nice phasey sound and rolled off the volume and tone for the softer stuff.
Ch 2 (rhythm)
Gain: 12 o'clock
Master: 9:30
Pres: 12 o'clock
Treble: 1 o'clock
Mid: 1 o'clock
Bass: 11 o'clock
80hz: 75% | 240hz: 55% | 750hz: 40% | 2200hz: 55% | 6600hz: 65%

Ch 3 (lead)
Shred ON
Gain: 2 o'clock
Master: 10:30
Pres: 11 o'clock PULLED
Treble: 1 o'clock
Mid: 11 o'clock
Bass: 8 o'clock
80hz: 90% | 240hz: 60% | 750hz: 30% | 2200hz: 55% | 6600hz: 60%

The MIDI switching is awesome! I'm using an MFC-101 into my AXE-FX and then MIDI Thru into the JP-2C. It's as complicated as you want it to be to program. I wanted to keep it simple, so I created 5 patches in the AXE and set up the amp for how I want each patch (channel, eq, fx loop, etc), stomped the respective preset switch on the MFC, hit store on the JP-2C, then set it up for the next sound and did the same.

Back