Finding that special amp ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UDAMANN

Reaction score
Hey All,

I (like you guys) have been trying to find that special amp for along time now. I've spent allot of money, tried allot of brands and went the wrong direction many times only to get an adverage amp. I usually went wrong by following marketing trends & getting amps that only sound good at there max volume. I thought I would give Boogie another try since I liked allot of the features of there "Ace" 50 watt combo. I'm your adverage 80's rock lover along with everything in-between. I love new bands and tones as well (Alter bridge & Nickelback). I play mostly pop rock & have to play allot of new country too. I lean tword EL34 tones & like the modern rock sound.

I ended up with a 2007 Lonestar Special Head & I can't believe the tone and usable gain in the 2nd channel. It may not due metal, but **** why arn't more people talking about the lead channel because it can do so much and it does it so well.

I thought this was a blues amp, but it's not & add a nice humbucking guitar and wow.

I know amps are a funny thing and we all spend allot of time looking for the right amp. I just never thought I would be so happy with this amp and it's gain.

I'm using channel 1 on the 30 watt mode for nice cleans & it also works great for pedals just like the "Ace" did.

I use the 2nd channel in 15 watt mode in the "Thick" setting (not thicker) & add the drive switch with the drive set to only 9 or 10 o'clock. The gain is at about 8 & this baby sings. It sems to add a cool overtone to the single notes. The tone seems very M@r$h@ll to me, but has a boogie feel and vibe. I play in a mic'd setting at all times, but at 8 ohms this thing is 35 watts and as loud as ****! You can get great power tube distortion out of this thing at resonable volumes.

This is only my 2 cents & I waited 3-weeks to post this to make sure it's not just honeymoon gas & it's not. I think this is an amp to consider rock & not just blues.

It's also very responsive too. I'm using mine thru a pair of Eminence Cannabis Rex speakers too.

Peace! Udamann

The LoneStar Special is a great amp. The LoneStar Classic is another one to consider. It is 6l6 and a lot of players like it with humbuckers. The new model is able to be run at 100/50/10 watts. You can also use el-34's with it. I have the classic and play a Strat and Les Paul. They both sound great through it. However, if you primarily play single coil, you might like the special more.

Latest posts

Back