Finally, I'm finally in the Boogie club!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampman2042

Reaction score
62753b43.jpg

I know this board isn't a club. I'm the happiest boy in the world!
So, my first question is about using the slave out. What is the best interface to use to record direct or mike it up.
I'm interested in how I can also play at bedroom levels, maybe using the slave out into say studio monitors. Do I need some sort mini mixer to achieve this? Not trying to dumb down the amp itself. I just want to get comfortable using all my gear together at a safe level for my roommate. Not trying to be a gear ***** posting my pics.
b1f6ec23.jpg

266fe89b.jpg

b45b6372.jpg

026134ea.jpg

cb9f0cad.jpg

Thank You in advance...

ampman2042 said:
So, my first question is about using the slave out. What is the best interface to use to record direct or mike it up.
I think your best option is to mic it up, from what I read DI from a tube amp is not going to give you good tone. Pick up a Line6 UX1 or UX2 or other USB interface of your choice. Get a quality mic (used shure SM57) and cable. Choose a DAW (reaper) and you should be set.

ampman2042 said:
I'm interested in how I can also play at bedroom levels, maybe using the slave out into say studio monitors. Do I need some sort mini mixer to achieve this?
Tricks and tips of using a Mesa and being quiet!
1)Always make sure your output is off when turning the amp on/off.
2)First start by setting your Output between 10:00 and 1:00. If you keep your output low, you will not be using the poweramp section of the amp and your tone will sound thin.
3)Now adjust your masters to the volume level you want. If you want more preamp breakup then adjust by lowering the output and raising the master. Caution: The amp is not designed for bedroom level playing and will be extremely touchy on the masters. You only need to adjust your master controls very little to get a big change in volume.

Good luck with the new amp!

Thank You Addictedtokaos. The tips work just fine. What does anyone think of an iso cab?, Jet City has a nice on for about 300$ . I'm in no rush, I prefer to discuss with you axperts, and take my time. any other input would be appreciated!!!

I have no experience with is cabs myself but I know Metallica uses them for their live shows.

Try a H&K Redbox DI.

Line outs are hard to use, unless they are switchable Line/Instrument level, or something like that.

If you are going to get an ISO cab, get a good one, or make your own using 2x2 wood frame covered with movers blankets, just big enough to cover your speaker cab without touching the mic. Hang an E906 up against the grill. I've never been able to get a good sound out of anything that said Jet City on it. (sorry, just imo)

Download the manual from Mesa......I think the slave out is intended to go to another power amp, I don't think it's designed to be used as direct out to a mixer, the impedance may be all wrong for that. Or call Mesa and ask them how to get the best signal out of it. Seems like a lot of the unknown pros use that Redbox and they love it, but I have not owned one yet.

soundchaser59, thank yoooooou! I had a Kustom copue 36 befor and it had a DI built into it. I loved that effing thing. That's perfect . Again , Thank You....

1c6387c0.jpg

Just added this bad boy Satchurator, today. These are not the settings I'm using, These are JS settings I got from a video. Still saving up bor the H & K DI box. Woot! Woot!

And thank you to Addictedtokaos, your little tutorial was spot on. Although the guy I bought it from , is a good friend, I forgot everything he said about the masters and output volume. Again thank you!

congrats on the amp!

I too returned to the mesa fam with a rectover (i used to have a 3 channel - non reborn in college). I remember the feeling well, the whole time i was dying to have a mesa again.

Congrats on the new amp and welcome to the Mesa family.

I used to be a big Marshall guy and heard of Mesa but never played one or knew someone that had one. I found my Single Rec series II head on craigslist, she is in mint condition, I love her and will never sell her.

As far as the H & K red boxes, what are the difference in the classic, MKII, MK III and the Pro. I just don't understand them enough to know the differences. Thanks in ADV

Back