Fender Vibro Champ XD Guitar Combo Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixVeeSix

Reaction score
Get the little one and cram a good 10 inch speaker in there. With a good speaker 5 watts is pretty loud. You want that single ended tone, it has a purity that cannot be matched by push-pull circuits. Up grade the output tranny and it should sound totally great. The 6v6 is the way to go for a single output tube. I like the idea of this amp, even if it is built by Chinese slave labor. I would wait to see if they all blow up like the little 30 watt Vox Valvetronix amps did.

I think the 15 watt version will have to be cranked too loud for bedroom use etc. to be effective. You want to work the outputs on these little amps. Let us know if you get one! :D

All I can say is wow.

I played the Super Champ XD, which is essentially the 15 watt version, and that little amp blew my friggin' mind!!

It had everything from Jazz Cleans to Hot Rod Drive!

And for $300, nothing beats it.

a little warning about the super champs: a friend of mine bought one new and had to take it back within a month coz it went out on him. He's worried about the second one they gave him now. Apparently it is not an uncommon problem with these amps. They sound great with single coils, but not as good with humbuckers...

Latest posts

Back