Dual Rectifier revision?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetwise

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm confused about the revision of my old Dual Rectifier I bought a year ago. It's missing the serial number plate and I can't find the number on the PCB either. I was told the serial number was somewhere around 2000 (can't remember it exactly), no idea where the seller got that from.

It says RF-1G on the PCB, which means Rev. G right? But there's also the serial loop, small logo, attached power cable, Mark IV OT (562105 with outputs labeled 4 / 4 / 8-16 / 8-16), 561136 PT, and on the choke it says 2.7.1992. All these are Rev. F specs right?

The orange channel sounds very dark and muddy compared to red channel. Red channel sounds great with all knobs at noon, but on the orange channel I really have to crank the presence and treble. Is this normal?

That sounds like a transitional rev G to me (the pcb board reading RF-1G is a comfimation of this), using some parts from the "F" revision. Silverwolf got one of those built in a "pre 500" blackface w/ chrome chassis.
The orange channel (cloned to modern) is darker than red for sure. I wouldn't say muddy, probably dependent on preamp tubes .

JCDenton6 said:
That sounds like a transitional rev G to me, using some parts from the "F" revision. Silverwolf got one of those built in a "pre 500" blackface w/ chrome chassis.
The orange channel (cloned to modern) is darker than red for sure. I wouldn't say muddy, probably dependent on preamp tubes .

I've tried changing the preamp tubes but it won't help (actually I think both channels use the same tubes if schematics online are correct.) I'm guessing it's a failing capacitor or LDR. I already had to change the 100nF filter cap that was shorted and was blowing the fuse...

Your amp is probably close to 20 years old at this point. That seems to be about the time they need a little TLC, new caps and such. That may explain some of the muddiness.

Latest posts

Back