Dual Rec - No Sound - HELP!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straker101

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm brand new to this site and can't find any help online with the problem I'm having so I'm hoping you folks on here might have an idea. I did send Mesa Boogie an email so I'll just paste what I sent to them. Here we go....
I live in a small rural Canadian town and don’t have an authorized dealer/service tech nearby so hopefully you can give me at least some direction on what I should do or identify the potential problem with my amp. About a week ago, my dual rectifier was working perfect (3 channel/approx 7 years old). I purchased the amp approx 3 years ago from a gentleman in California. Before shipping it to me he had it serviced at your shop in LA I believe. My setup consists of the dual rec plugged into a 2x12 recto cab and a line 6 pod xt live running through the effects loop on footswitchable mode.
Last Friday, I set up my rig for a small gig and when I went to sound check I wasn’t getting any sound. The amp does power up, the tubes all light up and the fuse looks fine. This past week I changed all the tubes (power and preamp) which didn’t make a difference. I do notice that when the effects loop is switched to ‘bypass’ I do get some very low volume if the masters on each channel are turned all the way up. However, when the loop is engaged I don’t get any sound even with the masters and output dial cranked. I also get a small popping sound when switching between channels which I think is normal. I guess this all leads me to believe there is probably an issue with the effects loop.
Like I said, I don’t have anyone in my area that can look at the amp, so I’m wondering if this sounds to you like a common or a known-of issue that hopefully isn’t too big of a deal. I have no problem shipping the amp to get fixed, but I guess if its a simple part swap that I could do it would be nice to know before I send it away.
Any help or direction is appreciated.
Thanks and I look forward to being an active member of the site.

Back