Do people still fall for this garbage?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstevens

Reaction score
Who actually falls for this stuff???? This was sent to me today, good for a laugh!!!

Hello MesaMan

You received the following message from: naki08 ([email protected])

At: http://www.bossarea.com/forum/

Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
West Africa.

Attention Respectful,

Greetings! This is the reason why i contacted you.
Kindly accept my apology for sending unsolicited mail to you.
I believe you are a respected personality, considering the fact of where i got your contact.I am Naki Doudou,
I have a substantial capital I honourably Inherited from my late father Chief Emile Boga Doudou who was minister of Interior and deals in Cocao and coffee platantion with Gold, diamond Minining and Trading in bouake Northern District of Coted' Ivoire.But the Epmigo rebels killed Him on the first day this poltical crises started on the September 19,2002 mutiny that equally lead to the death of former military junta Robert Guei.
This you can find on web page report on.CNN.com - Ivory Coast Rebel Uprising Spreads www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/africa/09/21/ivory

I want you to assist me for the clear this sum of eight million, Nine hundred thousand United State Dollars USD left in fixed/suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan ,that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund I will give you the contact of the Bank where the Fund is, so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them, hence I'm just 18 years old and do not know much about financial issues and handling case like this.
I will gladly give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last, all i just require from you is your sincere interest in helping me and acting as a business partner to my late father so now you're standing in for me to make sure everything works out well and good.

I am honourably seeking your assistance in the
following ways:

(1) I will use it for investment purpose such as Music industries or hotel management .

(2) To provide a bank account into which this money
would be transferred to .

(3) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am
only 18years.

(4) To make arrangement for me to come over to your
country to further my education and to secure a
resident permit in your country.

Please it is very important

Yours Sincerely
Naki doudou

Or am I missing out on 8 Mil...............? :)

I saw one of those 20/20 specials or something where they had rooms full of these people, calling and scamming people out of money.

The other day some lady in a Wal-mart parking lot approached me and my son and asked us if we were interested in making $10,000 a month. I blew her off, of course. My kid asked me why I was rude with her, and I explained to him that somebody who makes that much money a year probably wouldn't be wearing not-so-nice clothes and trying to get employees in a Wal-mart parking lot. :D

Haha.

Junk e-mail is one thing, but now I'm getting junk voice mails!

"honk honk, this is your Captain speaking, you just won a free trip ... press 1 for ..."

Ugh.

Jacko123 said:
but now I'm getting junk voice mails!

"honk honk, this is your Captain speaking, you just won a free trip ... press 1 for ..."
jeez, I get that one too :x

I get those calls too!

When we had a lighting store, I got a call from a translating service. They hung up quickly when I said I didn't want to have a 3rd party conversation.
Then, the phone rings again. It is a Arab guy from Los Angeles. He wanted to know what ceiling fans we had in stock and whether or not we could order a bunch more. The total was around $3,000 or so.
I told him that I didn't want to pack the ones up that we had for display. He argued that those were the ones he wanted.

I asked him how many lighting stores there were in LA and Orange county. He said that he was handicapped and would rather pay the shipping.

After about 20 minutes of trying to be nice, but getting angrier by the second, I finally told him to **** OFF and called the cops to give them the information.

I got some other fucker (and this is scary because he had some info about me that was correct) who wanted to 'Lower my credit card payments and interest.'
He presented himself in a manner that made me think he was with Capitol 1 or Citi. He had my address, date of birth, and a few other information bits that made me think he was legit. Then, he asked me for my Social. I asked him what company he was with again and he said it was a 3rd party company that works directly with credit card companies and that he would be happy to help me for free if I would just give him a little information.
I told him to **** OFF too and called the cops with his number and all of the other info he had given me.

Seems like the come out of the woodwork when the economy is down. Bunch of crap bags!!!!!!!!

Monsta-Tone said:
I get those calls too!

When we had a lighting store, I got a call from a translating service. They hung up quickly when I said I didn't want to have a 3rd party conversation.
Then, the phone rings again. It is a Arab guy from Los Angeles. He wanted to know what ceiling fans we had in stock and whether or not we could order a bunch more. The total was around $3,000 or so.
I told him that I didn't want to pack the ones up that we had for display. He argued that those were the ones he wanted.

I asked him how many lighting stores there were in LA and Orange county. He said that he was handicapped and would rather pay the shipping.

After about 20 minutes of trying to be nice, but getting angrier by the second, I finally told him to f%&# OFF and called the cops to give them the information.

I got some other f%&# (and this is scary because he had some info about me that was correct) who wanted to 'Lower my credit card payments and interest.'
He presented himself in a manner that made me think he was with Capitol 1 or Citi. He had my address, date of birth, and a few other information bits that made me think he was legit. Then, he asked me for my Social. I asked him what company he was with again and he said it was a 3rd party company that works directly with credit card companies and that he would be happy to help me for free if I would just give him a little information.
I told him to f%&# OFF too and called the cops with his number and all of the other info he had given me.

Seems like the come out of the woodwork when the economy is down. Bunch of crap bags!!!!!!!!

I don't even answer my phone anymore unless its my cell. PERIOD, you can't trust anyone anymore. I won't even shop at a store unless its owned and operated by americans.

Yeah, that's pretty much how we are too. I'll answer the office phone if it's local or if I recognize the number, but my cell is the one on my website just for that reason.

Back