• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Clapton Stratocaster loaded pick guard with mid-boost circui

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinskin57

Reaction score
This is a loaded pick guard with the complete stock electronics/pickups from a Fender Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster. A long time ago I relic’d the factory stock guitar that this assembly was on, so the pickup covers look a bit worn, and the “Noiseless” logos were worn off in the process. I want to stress that this was done very gently, and nothing stupid was done to the pickups that would damage them in the process. It is worth mentioning that the mid boost circuit board CAN fit in most strat clone bodies with no additional routing as it has been in my Warmoth parts-caster for the better part of 5 years. The only mod that I had to do was clip off a small corner portion of the mid-boost PCB. The battery can fit as well. It is a tight fit, but it can be done. Instructions to do this can be found online. Personally, I opted to install a battery box, as I didn’t like the idea of having to lift the pick guard every time I needed to replace the battery. Recently, this assembly developed some kind of grounding issue. When my hands are off the strings there is some buzzing. As soon as I touch the strings or any hardware- it’s dead quiet again. Rather than troubleshoot and fix this likely minor issue, I opted to make a gear shift (as I do every few years) toward a more vintage sound and purchased a pick guard loaded with some Fralins. I’m sure I’ll miss the clapton mid-boost circuit. I view it as a tube screamer alternative. In situations where I’d normally step on a tube screamer for liquidy, sustaining leads, a quick twist of the mid boost knob takes you there. No pedal needed! Suddenly you’re sustaining like a les paul. Cool feature! Here’s a rare opportunity to get this assembly for cheap, as I’ve seen these new on ebay for $450. This item will be well packed for safe shipment. please email me for pics and/or questions. U.S. shipping only. $150 plus shipping.

Back