And now for something completely different-a Widebody Thiele

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gts

Reaction score
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his
Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples
This is a Widebody Thiele.
It's actually a real Thiele inside. The interior has the same specs as a Mesa Thiele.
This Widebody Thiele cab was made longer/ wider by lengthening the top and bottom, the baffle, the grille, and back panel.
An interior wall was put in to maintain the Thiele specs. This interior wall is unseen when the back and grille are on. You can sort of see it in a couple of the pics below.

This was custom made for a fellow Boogie Board member (a matching head cab was made a few months earlier).
As you can see it also has brown dogbone handles. But it also has leather corners that were dyed to match the handles. (A friend of his dyed the corners to match)

As we sorted out how wide to make it - which was based on his desire to the two dogbone handles placed on the left and right side, as well as have a short head fit in between the handles without the handles hitting the reverb tank, a separate cool thing happened quite by accident - The Widebody Thiele was the perfect width for putting a Widebody/ Long Head on top too! (I have some pics of a Widebody/ Long Head on top of it somewhere. Will post some when I find them)

In any case here's a few pics.
These were taken just before the back panel and grille were made and installed as well as just after it was finished.

WidebodyThiele-sm-03.jpg

WidebodyThiele-sm-04.jpg

WidebodyThiele-sm-05.jpg

WidebodyThiele-sm-06.jpg

WidebodyThiele-sm-07.jpg

WidebodyThiele-sm-08.jpg

WidebodyThiele-sm-09.jpg

Boogiebabies said:
Looks like it needs a Vox AC30 on top !!!

Awesome cab.
Yeah. I would even be willing to try my Mark IV through it. Thinking it through further, I would even love to see what my Nomad would sound like through it.

Overall: Super, super nice job!. Good work indeed.

Looks great. I almost prefer the look of the cabinet to be larger than the head.

dodger916 said:
George: Your V-cut on the head cab is a God-send!

Is the cab tall enough (18"), so if you turned the speaker cab on the short end, a short head would fit nicely, allowing its use either direction.

No the height is the same as a Mesa Thiele.
To make it as wide the design would have to change as the interior volume (1.3cu ft) needs to be maintained for a Thiele specs.
That would make the cab shorter or less deep to make up for the height being taller.

It's a good idea worth looking at!

Back