• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1990 PRS Harmonic Generator 4x12 speaker cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregadeth

Reaction score
I have a 1990 Paul Reed Smith 4x12 cabinet with the original Celestion G12-50 speakers (made special to Pauls specs by Celestion from 1989 to 1992) kinda of a beefier higher wattage version of a green backs, that are pretty rare. The cab is 16 ohm, 200 watts black tolex with green grill cloth - all original. Good condition with a few scuffs but no tolex rips or cuts, has original casters and is a nice compact size (looks more like a 4x10 cab size)sounds amazing...these speakers are Warren Haynes' current favorites...he has replaced the speakers in his fullsize Marshall cabs with these speakers.PM me with your email for detailed pics and price,

Speaker info from Celestion: The speakers are G12-50's issued on 23/03/89 as a special design for Paul Reed Smith Guitars. They are not the same as a G12M Greenback, but have some common features. They use a similar magnet assembly (35oz ceramic), the same vintage specification paper cone, but have a different voice coil (Nomex paper) which will take 50W rather than 25, but doesn't have the same sound. At low gain levels and volumes these will sound like a G12M, but perhaps not quite as sweet or open. However, with high gain and when pushed
these will retain clarity and definition better than a G12M, and will also give better clean headroom.

PM me with your email for detailed pics and price,
Thanks Greg

WOW! I had no idea they even made these. I'm not interested in another cab, but if you go to birdandmoons.com, you should have no problem selling fast, as that's the unofficial prs message board with lots of hungry collectors.

Price is $750 shipped in the US...less for local in person sale in New England...pm me for pics (I can't seem to upload them on this Forum)

Back